Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hair Styles (while being bored)

Well, Simon has been working almost everyday this past week and will even work through this weekend and won't get a break until next Saturday (...what a complete run-on sentence). He usually works around 7 hours but today and tomorrow it will be more like 10.     :/

Since Simon, who is my entertainment committee (:P), works all the time I have been forced to entertain myself. What ever shall I do... 

Totally Kidding.

I've been having a lot of fun dressing myself up and learning new ways for me to do my hair and make-up.

 
My first attempt at trying the smoky-eye look I looked like I had gotten punched in the face (no kidding). I didn't even let Simon look at it... (not that that really matters).
My next try took me a while but eventually I got it down! Woohoo!!

 
I also tried a new hairstyle. My inspiration with cute little Mattie and her pictures up on facebook. To do this hair style I needed to learn to tease my hair. 
(Teasing is equivalent to ripping your hair out if done wrong :D  )
Luckily I got it right and finished by styling and pinning some of the sides up. Here are a few pictures taken by Simon and myself.


I thoroughly enjoyed dressing up for Simon. It reminded me of our dating days. 
Good Times.


Today after Simon left for a 10 hour shift I decided to try a few more hairstyles.
The first one was a complete disaster and I wish I had taken a pic of it. (oh well) 
 
   
The second one turned out great!! Here are some more pictures.
 
 
It was relatively easy. After I learned how to do an outside french braid (rather than the one I usually did where the braid is hidden...) I was able to braid to the bottem. At that point I twisted the two ends together, flipped it up, and pinned it. 
 
I loved the way it turned out (especially since today wasn't my first attempt at this and I finally mastered it). 
 
I added a flower to distract from the pins just sitting in my hair.
 
 
The flower actually represents 'help cure cancer' as I bought it on our roadtrip to Utah. They were selling them at a gas station to help raise money to cure a family relative's cancer. 
 
 
This is one of my favorites! :) (above)

I am having a great time playing with my hair and learning new styles. 
Thanks for keeping up with my blog and I'll post again soon (hopefully).

Hugs and Kisses XOXO
-Rachel Bendtsen

3 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel
    You look so beautiful, and so do your hair.
    Thank you for calling to day.
    We are looking forward to see your both next weekend.
    we are going for conference to morrow in Herning.
    I love you sweet Rachel.
    Hugs from
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute hair! In one of the pictures you look like an elf! lol a cute elf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks :) I'm really enjoying trying different hair styles... except I forgot my curling iron in Texas... tear. I have a temp one though at least. :)
    -Much love

    ReplyDelete