Friday, August 7, 2009

In The Local Library

It's been an uneventful last couple of days. Simon's been working and I've been reading 'The Name of the Wind'. It was such a great book!! I finished it this morning. After I finished it I made my way down to the library. It was nice that it was mostly downhill :) I immediately went for the language learning section.

Yesterday Simon and I saw that it was open and decided to look inside. Simon then proceeded to get me a library card. Sweet! I thought I was going to have wait for some paperwork from the government (because of something I had read on-line) but I didn't. Yesterday I found a new magic book to read when I finished 'Name of the Wind' (something called Magyka or something close to it) and 2 language CD's to help learn Danish. After checking them out back at the apartment I found out that one was for those who were Native Danes (definitely not me) and the other one was a kid's CD (I still enjoyed it though :P ) I returned them today knowing that I needed something a little better for my lack of knowledge of the Danish Language.

Today I found some beginner CD's to help me (eurotalk, talknow, and lær dansk 1). I'm hoping these work better for me than the last one's. I'm definitely looking to record my voice and comparing myself to what other natives sound like (aka how badly I sound compared to everyone in Denmark). I was walking to the English shelves (luckily shelves and not just shelf) and saw 2 guys on the computer... hmmm. I was too shy to try to use it myself but after realizing I already had 3 language CD's and the Magyka book I headed back over and shyly asked the gentleman working at a desk if I could use the internet. He said I could and pointed at the computers. Sweet! So I'm online now typing up my little blog trying not to make too much noise form the constant click clicking of the keys (luckily the guy beside me is even louder than I am even if not as frequent). I'm looking forward to checking out the CD's so I think I'm going to be on my. I'm glad that I could quickly update and let yall know how I'm doing!

Hugs and Kisses XOXO
-The Bendtsens

P.S. I think Birgit (and maybe Ole and/or Pia's family) might be coming for a visit tomorrow to see the apartment and come say hi! I'm excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the journal! and write in Danish! lol. love you so much rach!! Miss you!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete