Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nervousness

Man, yesterday I was so nervous. 

It was Michaela Klinker's baptism and Elder Heyen and DaCosta asked me play piano. Luckily for me the two songs were both easy ones I had already played before! The two were Come Follow Me (#61) and Nearer my God to Thee (#63). I was nervous but I only made a few mistakes. 

After the baptism one of the Relief Society sisters asked me if I could play in RS. I said yes and she gave me the song numbers. I practiced them for a few minutes before I left to go home. The next morning when I got to church I was readying my hymn book when the numbers were put up that we were going to sing... and they weren't the same ones. Panic... 

I looked through the songs and realized that they weren't that bad. I knew one well enough for both hands and the other one was Because I Have Been Given Much (which I know on one hand). The other song was one that we had sung in Sacrament meeting 2 weeks earlier (or something) and that was the first time I had ever heard it. It went pretty well. It was't fabulous or anything but it was a disaster either. 

I saw Michaela after Sunday School and invited her to sit with Simon and I during Sacrament meeting. There was hardly any room because another couple sat beside us as well. It wasn't too bad though. The last speaker went over time but not too much. I was going to practice piano but someone else had beat me to it. Oh well. We decided to just go home other than wait. 

Simon and I are about to read scriptures and clean up a little bit before dinner. 
I miss ya'll all so dearly and I'm sorry I missed Becky's shower and will miss Lizzie's B-Day celebration.

Hugs and Kisses XOXO
-The Bendtsens

4 comments:

  1. But you didnt miss all of LIzzie's party! I really enjoyed chatting with you rach! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great being able to be there as much as I was before our internet went out. Thanks so much for doing that for me! It was great to see everyone again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got an instinct. it is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah! I just looked it up! You have a touch screen??

    ReplyDelete