Friday, March 27, 2009

Kicked Out

Well the government contacted us yesterday about my residency papers. They called Simon and said that my application had been denied. :( They told me I had to leave within 19 days (now 18) and if not I could be punishable by law. We have a lot of options to take from here...and we haven't decided what to do.
Options include:
going to the states (by myself) (for a time)
moving to Swedem (w/ Simon)
moving to some other EU country (with Simon)
Moving to Sweden or another EU country will trigger a law that might allow us to stay in Denmark.

The government said I could come back in 6 months and reapply for residency at that time. Otherwise, I'm not allowed back inside Denmark for another 6 months.
I'm sure everything is going to work out eventually.

I'll keep yall posted on whatever we decide to do.
-Rachel Bendtsen

1 comment:

  1. Why haven't you even mentioned or talked about both of you coming over here? It is just a viable an option as all the others.

    ReplyDelete