Thursday, February 5, 2009

Choice and Accountability #3


I am called as Young Women’s leader (as well as branch chorister) and so last Thursday the 29th we had an activity for a personal progress value experience. We did choice and accountability #3. We read throughout 2nd Nephi 2 and D&C 82:2-10. In there we found numerous accounts of agency and how it was used. We learned that we make choices everyday. We followed along as Jacob made decisions in his youth to know of the truthfulness of the gospel. We also noticed that all the choices made had consequences whether they be good or bad. We wrote down some choices that we want to make that will have a good consequences. And since we were taught all this we know that it is our responsibility to share it with others. We also learned that no one is perfect. That’s why we have Jesus in our lives. He is there to help us return to Heavenly Father when we make wrong choices. We need to be aware of all that Satan does to try and destroy us and turn us away from the Spirit. We need to fight for what we know is right. We are blessed with eternal life when we strive to make good choices, choices such as praying, reading the scriptures daily, and going to church and all of its activities. We will be blessed with all that we need to return to live with our Father in heaven. We have the responsibility to choose Christ and stand as a witness to his name as we took it upon us at baptism (and renew it at Sacrament). We have a duty to be a good example for those around us (especially Charlotte in this case). I have an understanding of the importance of making good decisions. I know that my choices can have an eternal consequence and I am aware of the importance of making good eternal choices. I hope that I can live worthily so that I can have the opportunity to return to live with my Heavenly Father. I hope to be blessed with Exaltation. I hope that my actions will one day be a guide for my future family and generations. I love my Heavenly Father, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I hope to receive their influence in my life everyday as I choose the right. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rachel
    It is so good to read your testimony, and it is so true.
    You are an amazing person and such a good girl.
    I just love you.
    With love from
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventually I will learn to say it all in Danish. Hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later.

    ReplyDelete