Sunday, February 22, 2009

Unge Mænd/Unge Piger Sleepover

So one activity a while back during the kids Winter Vacation was a sleepover for the young men and young women. Charlotte was with relatives that week and so there were only young men, Simon, and then me. It was still a lot of fun. We went shopping beforehand for some chips and stuff (the yummies) and then went up to Birgit's. (she was hosting the sleepover) Slowly the boys started to arrive.

We started up guitar hero and the boys were playing. One of the boys had heard about how I play and wanted to play me. We played a song called "One" I think. Anyway, I won. (what's funny is that he had been saying earlier how good he was... lol. I think he wasn't so vocal about his talents after that) he he. Oh and I heard Birgit saying that she heard one boy saying "is there anything Rachel can't do?" I laughed. I told her she should had said "Fly." lol. So the evening progressed and they read scriptures and said "family prayer." After that they decided to watch the latest James Bond movie. I was going to watch but the Danish Subtitles were on and there were crunching chip bags so I just went into a back room with Birgit and played on the computer a really fun game called Giza.
Here's a picture of our mess...

After the movie they hooked up another game system and played away into the night.

I had my laptop so I was happy :) When I got tired I went into the computer room where there was an inflatable bed set up (I think it was Ole who set it up) and I got ready for bed. Simon came in and read scriptures with me. He left and I fell asleep. Later Simon came in and fell asleep next to me. I'm surprised we both fit on that one person inflatable mattress. lol. Two kids managed to stay up all night... wow, I remember when I used to be able to do that. In the morning (while all the young men except two were passed out) Pia's kids came over. Birgit was babysitting them too!! There was a lot going on. Mads came in and we wanted a picture together. He was so cute.

After that we had breakfast and the boys headed home. I think we went home and passed out again. (I wouldn't be surprised) It was a lot of fun and it turned out to be a very successful event.
Until next time,
Rachel Bendtsen

4 comments:

  1. This is mel, at first it sounded weird for u to be at a young men's sleepover, but then i realized you are married!!! It doesn't matter now lol. I really do miss you, Very nice blog! TTYL, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol true! That's what I thought too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I just love ,that you won in Guitar Herro.......That can teach him not to brag anymore, and beside that, isn`t there anything you cant do ?
    I havent found anything yet..
    Hugs from
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a young men and young women sleepover so Charlotte and I were both invited. Charlotte couldn't make it but I still went. I've got my connections. It was fun to show off my skillz too :)

    ReplyDelete